Saving our oceans from marine pollution will not happen only at sea.
The priority is to stop the flow of plastic into the ocean because once it is in the sea, fragmented into micro-plastics, it is too late to recover it.
The problem of plastic waste is real and urgent.
Faced with this challenge, KRESK4OCEANS wishes to support an innovative, sober and circular economy by committing itself from the conception to the end of life of plastic.
KRESK4OCEANS supports the research and development of scientific and technological innovations based on the principle of reduction:
- Reduction of the amount of plastic used (especially in packaging)
- Reduction of integrated material by designing from waste
- Reduction of the environmental impact in production
KRESK4OCEANS supports economically viable solutions and innovations that give plastics an end of life by turning them into a resource:
- Reuse, which avoids the production of new products
- Recycling, which makes it possible to produce with waste
- Upcycling, which valorizes non-recyclable waste into durable goods
A 3-year program, in partnership with the ''Fondation de la Mer'', which aims to develop local channels for the recovery of plastic waste to transform it into sustainable goods
The KRESK4OCEANS Fund is mobilizing with the PURE OCEAN Fund for the 4th international call for projects whose objective is to support innovative scientific solutions to fight against plastic pollution. The selected projects will be known in March 2023.